3060 (Ti), 6700 XT or 3070 for Quest 2?

Soldato
to be honest i finished an enjoyed half life alyx on a 5700xt.. I've just got a 3070 though so will have to test again.

Did you do it on the 5700XT with air link? I've heard AMD aren't as good for the encoding I consider myself a bit of an AMD fan boy but I think Nvidia overall gives a better VR experience.

Associate
I haven't found a game yet in VR that my 3090 doesn't play maxed out. What games are you guys playing that a 3090 can't play maxed out visually?
What VR do you have? Index and Reverb G2 are obviously more demanding than say a Oculus Rift or something. I'm sure the 3090 would still tear through almost anything tho.

Soldato
I haven't found a game yet in VR that my 3090 doesn't play maxed out. What games are you guys playing that a 3090 can't play maxed out visually?

Conversions such as No Mans Sky, Subnautica and some racing and flight sims can't be maxed out even on a 3090 with a top-end CPU on higher resolution headsets.

Associate
Conversions such as No Mans Sky, Subnautica and some racing and flight sims can't be maxed out even on a 3090 with a top-end CPU on higher resolution headsets.
My Rift S definitely isn't one of the higher resolution headsets for sure. I have not tried VR No Mans Sky, (I can babrely stomach the standard version of that game) but I do play Subnautica in VR. That one is a very cool VR experience.

Associate
Did you do it on the 5700XT with air link? I've heard AMD aren't as good for the encoding I consider myself a bit of an AMD fan boy but I think Nvidia overall gives a better VR experience.

not via airlink sorry, Used it via link cable. However I did use Virtual desktop app to stream games and that worked flawlessly over wifi. Just need to watch for latency on your connection

Back
Top Bottom