Does windows have temperature monitoring and warnings built in?

Associate
SO recently after gaming i close the game and i have a pop up in the bottom right hand corner which says either "WARNING YOUR CPU IS 65 DEGREES" or the same but gpu being 60 degrees. the thing is i dont have any hardware monitoring software installed and those temps are perfectly fine for a 9590 and a 1080.
Im wondering which program it is warning me as clicking on the warning box does nothing and afaik i dont have anythign set to warn me in this way..

could it be built in to windows 10 ?

i do have afterburner installed but it isnt set to boot at start up and ive looked briefly in its settings and no warning is turned on. And it wasnt running at the time.

its just annoying AND i also wonder why it only started yesterday i actually cleaned my PC physically yesterday hovering out the radiator dust and putting the case sides back on that had been off for a long time.

im perplexed by this it raises a lot of questions to me like has something added a monitoring feature without telling me and does putting the sides on the case raise the temperature considerably and the monitoring has always been there.

Any help or idea are appreciated.

oh could it be in the Geforce experience drivers i upgraded them to the lastest yesterday too..

Associate
OP
It is AI suite dave thanks.Its a sabretooth 990fx As its a driver not a program i couldnt find it loading in startup etc.. or as a service its built into the MB driver. I still cant change the warning limits but TBH i paid for my ryzen build yesterday and its in the post so i dont care that much i just took the side back off my case and set the mobo to power saving. I get 144 FPS in eco mode anyway in the games i care about so eco mode is fine..
You need a 240 or bigger watercooler to really push this 9590 i rebuilt it in a smaller case with a push pull 140 setup which runs 10 degrees higher. but ill leave that to whomever buys it when i ebay this next week.

Back
Top Bottom