Giving your children an 'unusual' name

Permabanned
Heya!

Not a troll thread at all, I am just curious.... My son is due to be born in just under a months time and we are trying to come up with a name. We quite fancy something a little different/unique but don't want to burden our child with with a name that will ultimately set them back.... Would love to hear feedback from people who have opted for something a bit different to call their children and how it has worked out. Likewise, if you have an unusual name and are now grown up, how has it worked out for you? FYI the offspring in question is going to be of mixed race which is why we want to avoid going down the 'John', 'Steve', 'Chris' route... Not that there is anything wrong with those names!

Everyone welcome to chip in!

Soldato
I don't have kids but know plenty of people with unusual children's names. Husky, Hawk and Honour to name a few!

I think I would go unusual but not weird. Alliteration is supposedly proven to give you better chances, and as my surname is Jones the first name has to stand out a bit.

I really want Indiana but I'm still persuading my girlfriend...

Caporegime
We have friends who have given their 3 kids fairly unusual first names. What struck me most was how quickly a name just becomes their name, however uncommon it is to begin with. What I'm badly trying to say is that unless you are a literal idiot and call your child 'Fridge Adolf Suppertime' then the child and the name become the same thing, very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom