• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i5 760 vs AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

Associate
Hey all :)

After buying a new 460GTX for my current system i'm struggling to play BC2 due to really low fps. My current system is Abit AN52, 5000+BE, 460GTX and 4GB 800Mhz RAM, 580w Type M Hiper PSU.

So i'm going to upgrade :)

The two CPU's im looking to build round are the Intel Core i5 760 vs AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition.

First question; which is the better for gaming?

Secondly based on the answer of the first question what motherboard will give me good overclocking stability? Any to avoid?

Cheers all,
Chris

Soldato
No point in keeping DDR2 at the moment if you're upgrading motherboard. You can sell it for more than equivalent DDR3 costs.

I upgraded from 5000+ BE to quad a few months ago and you definitely notice the difference in a few (not all though) games.

If you're thinking of going AMD though, I'd be tempted to hang fire and wait for AM3+ motherboards, which will be out soon. It will give better upgrade options in future and you can drop in a Bulldozer at a later date

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom