invisible earphones? ?

Associate
I work in a factory buildings cars and its extremely dull and boring. I want to be able to listen to audiobooks and podcasts whilst I work but the managment are a bit strict. Is there any earphones that are wireless that I can hide inside my ear or decent transparent or flesh coloured earphones that don't cost the earth?

Thanks.

Caporegime
Just no, they ban it on h&s and would be grounds for disciplinary, so i wouldn't even bother.

they ban them at our place too, lots of people sue them as it's ****ing dull otherwise. if you get seen they don't care, no manger wants to deal with that hassle over a pair of ear phones

it only got brought up when they had a film crew in for a corporate video an loads of people were seen wearing them and the response was an email saying rem,ember headphones are banned.

Caporegime
Don't expect every company to be so lax, and as he's asking this question. His company isn't like yours.

it's different to track work, the H&S side is because you're meant to be wearing hearing protection and able to hear audible "ears" shouts, rather than listening for something that's gonna kill you :p

Man of Honour
Well no its not. Factory work you also need to here alarms. Even factory jobs I've had have been no earphones which have been enforced, thankfully most have had generic local radio over speakers. I'm not required to wear hearing protection.

Anything which requires heavy machinery be it forklifts, conveyor belt systems etc will have such rules

Associate
OP
Ok let me explain the job abit better. I used to work for bmw at hams hall assembling thr engines. I was allowed to wear earphones then as the managers new how dull the job is, as long as we only had one in. Due to lack of work I got moved to oxford plant to build the mini. Its even more boring than the job at hams hall as the managers at the mini plant are german and really strict for no reason. There are other that wear their earphones but its a risk most people are willing to take. I am willing to take the risk. I just want some earphones that won't be so obvious or if possible impossible to see.

Caporegime
Ok let me explain the job abit better. I used to work for bmw at hams hall assembling thr engines. I was allowed to wear earphones then as the managers new how dull the job is, as long as we only had one in. Due to lack of work I got moved to oxford plant to build the mini. Its even more boring than the job at hams hall as the managers at the mini plant are german and really strict for no reason. There are other that wear their earphones but its a risk most people are willing to take. I am willing to take the risk. I just want some earphones that won't be so obvious or if possible impossible to see.

yu wear them big over ear ear defenders?

one of the lads at work, pops his phone udner the cup to hold it an just spends hours chatting to his missues lol. an other has just took a small mp3 player an stuck it in the cup (removed the foam filler ) an put a single ear bud in there.

suppose you could run the toher to the other side but thats hassle just listen in the one ear.

Associate
OP
I dont use or need ear protection at work so cant hide the ear buds. I take it there isnt any decent blutotth ear pieces that slot inside the ear canal and will lsst at least 8 hours? If not I will just get some transparent or flesh coloured ones. Be better if I could have a wireless one though as the managers wont be able to see the wire or bud.

Commissario
yu wear them big over ear ear defenders?

one of the lads at work, pops his phone udner the cup to hold it an just spends hours chatting to his missues lol. an other has just took a small mp3 player an stuck it in the cup (removed the foam filler ) an put a single ear bud in there.

suppose you could run the toher to the other side but thats hassle just listen in the one ear.
Excellently done but I feel the effort will be sadly wasted.

Soldato
My ear protection was earmuffs clipped onto my helmet which i had cleverly modified to include a single earphone under the cloth layer wire was black and ran across the arm of it and onto the rim of my helmet through an airhole at the back and cable ran down my back under my arm into my iPod shuffle clipped to my top :)

H&S Banned them at many sites so this was a simple way no one would question a wire to my helmet as i have many straps/wires etc

Soldato
Here's a few choices

Grow mullet

Wear a bandage around your head

Make a fake hearing aid with built in MP3 player

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom