Play PC VR games on your smartphone headset!!!

Soldato
I am surprised there was no thread about it. I dont know there was software existed that acted as PC server to display PC VR games on your smartphone until I saw a post on other forum. Anyone heard of VRidge from RiftCat?

https://riftcat.com/vridge

Here VRidge running Elite Dangerous:

I got Homido headset as present from mum cost £47 last christmas after read so many reviews. I tried some VR apps on Samsung Galaxy S6 and it was fun but unfortunately here was not that many good VR apps.

So I downloaded VRidge client software on PC and app on Galaxy S6 2 hours ago, tried ran Quantum Break and GTA V on Galaxy S6. Wow I was blown away by it, amazing and fun experience on Homido headset. :D I am not sure I need to buy overpriced Oculus Rift or HTC Vive with so many retard USB cables while VRidge can do everything on a smartphone with quad core CPU and cheap headsets like Google cardboard 3D VR headset.

I see some guys in VR thread have Samsung Gear VR headset should try VRidge. :)

Associate
that must be the best way to hate VR, between latency and frame rate, i can't see ppl using it over 5min before throwing up their lunch.
not even talking about resolution...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
that must be the best way to hate VR, between latency and frame rate, i can't see ppl using it over 5min before throwing up their lunch.
not even talking about resolution...

I played GTA V on Homido for 30 mins without issues. :D

Will play other time to try out for 1 hour.

Tried out Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for 10 mins, wow incredible experience. :eek:

Soldato
I asked about doing this with unreal4 and daydream on an epic stream, i got some guff about latency adding lag and causing motion sickness. I don't see why the latency cant be reduced since vive/rift are both using pcs for all processing then displaying on headsets.

Man of Honour
It doesn't take much latency at all to induce motion sickness/nausea and unlike a directly driven display anything that is streaming will suffer from some degree of latency from the network connection, encoder/decoder lag, etc.

Soldato
Managed to bag myself a oneplus headset, might try this when I get it as my wireless ap is sat on the floor next to my pc.

Would be a good laugh if it works

Associate
Well i read this about 2 hours ago and as i received my S7 with Gear VR yesterday i thought id try it and see where oculus has gone since i sold my DK2 a while ago. I also tried riftcat which seemed much better tbh (as i couldnt get trinus VR running)

Firstly...Thankyou very much for making me feel sick lol

Secondly the image quality isnt actually too bad to be honest it seems much better than a lot of the native gear vr stuff, the problem is the frame drops as mentioned. It just cannot keep up with the head and results in an almost instant disorientating sensation...if they can somehow fix this i think this concept will be pretty good if im honest...if however they cant i really dont see the point in it at all..but i for one will be checking it frequently...until i decide on wether im getting a vive or a rift that is :)

Back
Top Bottom