Police advising to AVOID ALL TRAVEL in Central & Lothian & Borders areas from 2pm-9pm

Caporegime
OP
All schools are closed in Fife and now it looks like they've closed the Forth Road Bridge completely. I don't remember getting days off school in my day due to a little breeze :rolleyes:

It is is not a little breeze, 80-90MPH wind gusts can damage property, overturn lorries, cause cars to go off the road, and can happilly blow you right over on your face.

Hence the severity of the warning.

Last time there were winds this strong people died in scotland, ehcne the seriousness of the warnings.

Soldato
It was BAD earlier. I never thought rain could actually hurt anyone, but walking home earlier it was getting smashed into my face so fast it felt like getting shot by an automatic BB gun! Properly windy, all sorts flying around the place. Would be lying if I said it wasn't kind of fun though! Wouldn't fancy flying much today out of Edinburgh though. Looked like there was go-around after go-around at the airport.

Permabanned
So much windism in this thread its unbelievable.

The wind hath come, bringing us gusts of love and affection, but we are advised to hide away and cover in fear.

EVIL WINDISTS! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom