Skyrim VR Ultimate VR essentials modlist is incredible

Soldato
Until recently I had a modded version of Skyrim VR which I thought was pretty good. Took ages to get them all working together, but then I had windows issues and to fix it I had to nuke the drive with the Skyrim install on it (I don't normally back up games).

So trying to get a modded version up and running again I found the program "Wabberjack" which simplifies loading modlists, and theres an 'Ultimate VR Essentials' modlist which I thought I'd give a try.

Wabberjack does simplify the process, but it requires you to jump through a few hoops (some manual steps to perform), and it's highly recommended you have a Nexus Mods premium account to enable fast mod downloading as the install size is huge.

The end result is nothing short of amazing, it's gobsmacking, like it's an entirely new game. A massive graphics upgrade - hugely sharper than anything else I've tried, lots of gameplay mods, a proper animated body and hands with IK support and holsters so you don't have to keep opening the menus to use weapons and items. I tried to get some of these things working before and couldn't really get them to work together satisfactorily.

It's hugely better than my original modded version. Well worth a try if you like Skyrim.

Soldato
OP
Fast travel works great. I have found an issue where I can't sleep in a bed though, so tracking down the mod that causes that will be tricky. Waiting works OK.

Associate
Has anyone tried this on a PSVR? I platinumed the special edition a couple years ago and had this sitting on my shelf ever since (came with my VR). I've not got the heart to do it all over again if it's a bit 'meh'.

Soldato
As this is on sale for a little over a tenner I'm looking at getting it, Can you disable the VR controller portion and use a game pad with it ? I'm really not looking at playing it with my VR controllers, Just really want it for the VR view :D

Soldato
OP
As this is on sale for a little over a tenner I'm looking at getting it, Can you disable the VR controller portion and use a game pad with it ? I'm really not looking at playing it with my VR controllers, Just really want it for the VR view :D

I'm not sure if you can use a gamepad. The VR controls aren't amazing in this game, but with all the mods, and a in-game body that matches your real life arm positions and hand gestures, you'd be missing out if you don't use VR motion controllers.

Associate
Will definitely give this a go when I eventually get round to playing Skyrim VR. Nice one!

Did you download it all with a non-premium account?

Soldato
OP
Will definitely give this a go when I eventually get round to playing Skyrim VR. Nice one!

Did you download it all with a non-premium account?

No, I paid for a months premium account.

However as amazing as it is, I have found it crashes more frequently the longer I have played it.

Back
Top Bottom